Date of Birth: February 12, 1992
Location: South Beach Miami, Florida, USA
Weight: 135 lbs
AMF: Where are you from? Where are you currently living?
- I’m from Pennsylvania, but currently living in South Beach Miami.
AMF: How long have you been modeling for?
- Roughly 3 to 4 years.
AMF: How did you start modeling?
- I was in the Miss Pennsylvania Pageant three years ago and from that I met a lot of people who were photographers or agents that contacted me and pushed me in the right direction.
AMF: What would you say separates you from other models?
- I think I’m very down to earth and don’t let things go to my head.
AMF: What are some of your best achievements thus far?
- Being the face of a NYE ad campaign in the center of New York City last year for Salute NYC right on Madison Ave.
AMF: What do you like or dislike about modeling?
- The pressure can sometimes be overwhelming.
AMF: What is your best modeling secret?
- I think you need to pretend your boyfriend is the lens and pierce the camera with your eyes.
AMF: What is the best modeling project that you’ve done?
- A high fashion shoot in my house by Aaron Kinney.
AMF: What is the strangest modeling project that you’ve done?
- They all end up being strange. Ha!
AMF: What would you say is your best physical feature?
- My eyes!
AMF: What do you like to do outside of modeling?
- Hang out with friends and family, bartend, and travel.
AMF: What is your dream car and why?
- A black Range Rover. I like big cars and I would feel so cool in that one!! Haha!
AMF: What do you like about the industry / scene and why?
- The travel opportunities, the people you meet.
AMF: What do you dislike about the industry / scene and why?
- Some of the characters are sketchy; some of the activities can suck you in if you don’t have a strong backbone.
AMF: What is the most memorable modeling experience and why?
- Having a bra and white fur coat on and getting my pics taken in January in an underground tunnel in Philly.
AMF: Having success as a model (like anything) comes with a price, what was yours?
- Losing a bit of a social life with normal friends, seeing who your true friends are, being scrutinized.
AMF: What advice would you give out to aspiring models?
- Network, don’t sell yourself short, do not do any job that comes your way!
AMF: Shout outs or last words?
- This year I will be a fulltime model in South Beach so please look out for me in music videos, men’s magazines, etc! 2013 is the year of Abigail Ratchford!!